La Fille Liliale, Meguro ラ・フィーユ・リリアル 目黒

La Fille Liliale is a charming French restaurant in a quiet back-street off Meguro Dori on the Shirokane side of Meguro station. I recently took Sunday lunch there with a friend and, amazingly, we were the only customers to dine there that day. I am determined to do something about that because this place is a secret that should not be kept! The lunch set costs 4,000 yen, which includes an amuse bouche, an entree, a soup, a main and a dessert. This is super value when taking into account the excellent quality of the ingredients, their knowledgeable combining and skillful cooking. I took the cold foie gras for my entree and it was without doubt the best foie gras I have had for a while. It came with a dried fig in the middle and was accompanied by a pear and butter compote as well as a dainty salad comprising among other things dill, fennel and red lettuce. This was followed by the soup which was an interesting tasting green bean and cream concoction. For my main I took the veal roll which was stuffed with herbed seasoning and served with vegetables. The dessert was a "strawberry gratin" comprised of strawberries covered in a custard and then baked and topped with a scoop of raspberry sorbet. This was such an original dish and it tasted divine. I will definitely be back to see if they can top this performance at dinner!

Comments

Popular Posts