Dom quote

Dom quote

The Michelin Guide has consistently awarded more stars to Tokyo dining establishments than any other city in the world. I created this blog as my personal Tokyo restaurant guide, but I hope you will also enjoy reading it. If you have been to any of the same places feel free to leave some comments about your own experiences.



Search for location or cuisine

Google

Thursday, 9 April 2009

Son, Roppongi 中國名菜 孫 六本木

Son is a modest sized Chinese restaurant in basement in the back streets of Roppongi not far from Midtown. The chef has a special qualification that takes 16 years to achieve and this alone was enough to prompt me to try it out for lunch. You can order a lunch set for 1,260 yen and given the amount of food and its quality, this is pretty hard to beat.

Just be warned though - as my dining partner and I were sipping our tea after our meal the honoured chef himself approached the table. I thought it was to introduce himself and say hello. No, actually it was to tell us to clear out!! Funny, considering there was a table right next to us with a couple of middle-aged women who'd be yakking away at each other for ages. Hmmm - well I guess you'd ever eat Chinese for the flattery.

Tel: 03-5785-3089

No comments: