Dom quote

Dom quote

The Michelin Guide has consistently awarded more stars to Tokyo dining establishments than any other city in the world. I created this blog as my personal Tokyo restaurant guide, but I hope you will also enjoy reading it. If you have been to any of the same places feel free to leave some comments about your own experiences.



Search for location or cuisine

Google

Sunday, 9 December 2007

Tableaux, Daikanyama タブローズ  代官山

Sooner or later Tableaux was going to make it onto my blog as it is one of the mainstay restaurants on the expat circuit in Tokyo. I have been to Tableaux about five times in the past, but it was only on my recent sixth visit that I was actually impressed with the food. I started with a couple of oyster shots which are always good (and let's admit it, it's hard to mess up an oyster), and this was followed as a started by little tacos with fried ginger on top, a little yuzu (Japanese lime) cream on the side and a little glass with a shot of gazpacho. As opposed to your ordinary taco, the beef was excellent quality and the overall taste was just great. For the main I had a divine beef cheek that came with a little salad tossed in raspberry and maple syrup. For one of the first times in recent memory I did not have enough room for dessert, but we all left the restaurant well satisfied. I will definitely be back to see if they can repeat the performance!

http://www.tableaux.jp/en
Tel: 03-5489-2201

No comments: