Dom quote

Dom quote

The Michelin Guide has consistently awarded more stars to Tokyo dining establishments than any other city in the world. I created this blog as my personal Tokyo restaurant guide, but I hope you will also enjoy reading it. If you have been to any of the same places feel free to leave some comments about your own experiences.



Search for location or cuisine

Google

Sunday, 30 November 2008

Higashiyama, Naka Meguro 東山 中目黒

Higashiyama is a beautifully minimalist modern izakaya located in Naka Meguro, a bit of a hike from the station not far from Yamate Dori. The food is modern Japanese and consists of little creations which in the set menu I ordered on a recent visit included sashimi, daikon and crab, a salad with animal organs of unknown origin, gingko nuts, beef (among some others which I can't remember now!). In a burst of excess I also ordered some pork belly which was grilled to perfection and served with wasabi. This was washed down very pleasantly by my dining partner and I with a bottle of Californian Chardonnay and a glass of Zifandel.

Higashiyama is definitely a place worth experiencing, especially with out-of-towners who will be sure to appreciate the unique modern Japanese izakaya experience.

http://www.higashiyama-tokyo.jp/e/index2.htm
Tel: 03-5720-1350

No comments: