Dom quote

Dom quote

The Michelin Guide has consistently awarded more stars to Tokyo dining establishments than any other city in the world. I created this blog as my personal Tokyo restaurant guide, but I hope you will also enjoy reading it. If you have been to any of the same places feel free to leave some comments about your own experiences.



Search for location or cuisine

Google

Monday, 23 January 2012

Shunju, Tameikesanno 春秋溜池山王

Shunju is a well known izakaya at the top of the Sanno Park Tower in Tameikesanno. On the night I visited it was not at all crowded so my dining partner and I were lucky enough to get a window seat and enjoy the view out to Shinjuku. The ambiance on the night seemed chilled and quite laid-back - quite how I like it. Crowded, noisy, smoky izakaya do my head in!

The set we ordered was around 5,000 yen, which I think is quite good value for what was included. The flavours in some of the dishes were a little bland for my liking but, all in all, it's a nice set. The service is also very pleasant, so if have an out-of-towner to modestly entertain, I would try it out.


 The seasonal appetiser (I wish I could remember what it was - the taste was not memorable)


Broiled tofu with miso meat sauce. Rich and spicy - yum!


 Deep fried yam and "Shunju" croquette. I found these a little on the bland side.


Miso stewed beef cheek with organic vegetables. This was delicious.


Rice and fish to finish the savoury courses


Sorbet and fruit




http://www.shunju.com/ja/restaurants/tameikesanno/
Tel: 03-3592-5288

No comments: