Dom quote

Dom quote

The Michelin Guide has consistently awarded more stars to Tokyo dining establishments than any other city in the world. I created this blog as my personal Tokyo restaurant guide, but I hope you will also enjoy reading it. If you have been to any of the same places feel free to leave some comments about your own experiences.



Search for location or cuisine

Google

Saturday, 19 July 2014

Plate, Nishi Azabu プレート西麻布

Plate is the successor to the always enjoyable Rendez Vous de Tokyo and still run by the ever-bubbly Ayano-san (that's her on the bottom right). The southern-French influenced food is excellent and she is more than solicitous with the wines, which left me with a headache the next morning but I'm far from complaining :-)



They have a dinner menu for 8,640 yen but it's a lot of courses, so you can subtract certain items for 1,000 yen each. It's a unique and interesting system if you're not hungry enough to go the whole hog. My meal is displayed below but, because I was concentrating on eating it, I forgot to take a photo of my lamb (which was very good).

This is an informal and rather fun establishment, yet deadly serious about their cooking. I highly recommend them and give 4 stars for the total experience.

Amuse of scampi

 Pork cheek with truffle and orange (it is hidden under the leaves)


Tagliatelle with crab 


I didn't partake of the cheese personally, but it looked GOOD


Forgot to take my NZ lamb loin! I'll have to go back again to get a pic ;-)

Date and pistaccio pound cake with pistaccio ice cream



http://arigatoinc.com/
Tel: 080-4689-9059

No comments: