Isola, Shirokane 白金イゾラ

When Isola opened, I think around ten years ago, I remember it was wildly popular. I really like pizza but I'm not that into going to pizza restaurants, so I never really gave it much thought. However when recently I was stumped for ideas for Italian restaurants around Shirokane I thought I'd give it a go.

There's nothing better on a cold winter's night than sitting near a big wood-fired pizza oven such as they have at Isola. But even more than the warmth from the oven, the food really hit the spot.

This place is expensive, so don't budget on a cheap slap-up pizza meal. Nevertheless, if you're a bit jaded about your usual bla bla local Italian, this could be just what you're looking for.


Want one of those ovens at home!


Rocket and parmesan salad


The pasta with black truffle and cream sauce TO DIE FOR. There's a more expensive Alba truffle option as well (tongue hangs out at I write this)...


The seafood pizza is the BEST I have ever eaten (and no cheese at all!)


Tiramisu was nothing to write home about but finished off the meal pleasantly




http://www.isola.st/isola/
Tel: 03-5447-2733

Comments

Popular Posts