Dom quote

Dom quote

The Michelin Guide has consistently awarded more stars to Tokyo dining establishments than any other city in the world. I created this blog as my personal Tokyo restaurant guide, but I hope you will also enjoy reading it. If you have been to any of the same places feel free to leave some comments about your own experiences.



Search for location or cuisine

Google

Thursday, 16 July 2009

Bistrot D'Artemis, Sendagaya ビストロ・ダルテミス 千駄ヶ谷

Bistrot D'Artemis is another one of those French-style bistros that, with its meticulous fit-out and waiters, really could be in France. All those lucky ladies who lunch don't need to travel half-way round the world, as France comes to them! It's located diagonally across the intersection from the GSK building in Sendagaya- not an area I've really thought much about for eating, but scratch the surface a bit and just look what turns up!

On the weekend for 2,500 yen you can get yourself a set lunch with includes and entree, main, dessert and coffee. I think given the high quality of the food this represents excellent value. For my entree I chose the salmon with cream which was fresh, light and delightful. My dining partner had the usual of terrine, which bores the pants off me - but was reported to be delicious. For the main I had chicken with mustard sauce and lentils which was very pleasant, but my dining partner went for the cassoulet. I saw lots of the cassoulet going out of the kitchen, so it appears to be a popular dish - and rightly so. It looked great and was reported to taste great also, but I'm not sure whether it's the type of dish I would eat in summer!

Dessert was a nougat ice cream with an espresso shot on the side. Like everything else this tasted great and had a great creamy, chewy consistency also. I also ordered a "vin mousseux" which was nice and dry and only 630 yen. This place offers food which is a definite cut above but also screams value for money. I'll be back for sure.




http://www.artemisjp.com/artemis-eng/sub6.html
Tel: 03-5770-7155

No comments: